Wednesday, February 25, 2009

MY NEW TV COMMERCIAL!!




Last Sunday, February 22 2009, I got a text message from my agency asking me to come to this casting for a TV ad for a cellular connection provider with the shooting date of 24th of February 2009. I thought that this must have been just a plan to find a back-up talent for the TVC since there was no way this could happen!!Usually the shooting usually takes place at 1-2 weeks after the casting.

But I went to the casting anyway since the location, Kemang, was not so far from my house and my agency said that there were not too many people coming.So I went there and met Ivan, one of my "casting buddies"..Dunt know why I frequently meet him on casting sites..

I was so sure that he was going to get the part since he was better looking than me and more "eurasian".The casting text did say that TVC needed eurasian/caucasian looks.

However, in the evening, I got a call from the production house (PH) that I was one of the nominated talents for the ad, they asked me to wait 'til 5 PM the next day for the confirmation.

The next day, I waited 'til 3 but there was no buzz from the PH so I decided to forget about it and went to another casting..Just when I was in the middle of waiting for the casting (Where I met IVAN AGAIN!!), I got a call from the PH and they said that I GOT the part and asked me to go there immediately.."

So, I went there like a speeding bullet and went for fitting..During the "session" I asked when the shooting date was and they said "24th February!!"..I still couldn't believe it, so I stayed awake the whole night, all too excited and worried that I wouldn't wake up at the right time(3 AM the next day)..

Right after my bath at 03.00 AM(!), I went to this location in Depok, a RICE FIELD, no less and arrived on 04.00 AM!!The shooting began on 7 AM..I was "HUNG TO DRY" for 4 hrs under the EXTREMELY HOT sun that I got sunburned..I acted as one of the president's (SBY) aide in the TVC..The story board tells a story when SBY can't communicate properly to Obama thru his mobile phone due to bad connection.So I as the smart aide abruptly took the mobile phone from him and gave a new one (With a different provider) which would allow him to better communicate with Obama...Interesting ad, huh?:p Wonder when this would happen in REAL life!!Haha..

The other version was about this cellular provider that only concentrates on giving low rates to consumers without paying attention towards the quality of the reception.I acted as one of the staffs to this arrogant boss of this provider..The good news is that I got two lines here while the other staff only got 1..So i Guess I was lucky..

I think the ad would come out either end of month or the beginning of next month..Oh well, can't wait to see it!!How bout you, friends??

Above is the picture of me n Ivan during the casting..The video below was made when I, Stephan, Paul and Daffit were taking a long break..We were joking around in the talent room...

No comments:

Post a Comment